Friday, January 2, 2009

Number of Needles


Many patterns have many different ways to count needles. Some count left of zero and right of zero. Some count total of needles from left to right and from right to left.

This can get very confusing when you use little stickers that count just from left and right of zero. I thought about it a moment and decided that a China marker would work numbering my needles for patterns that call for a total number of needles. It works pretty well. When I am done I just take a tissue and wipe off the numbers. I can now have two projects going at once on my machine.

You can get a China marker at Wal-mart in the office supply section for about $2.00.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I use a knitting needle as well. One of those little plastic envelope openers also works. It's a great thing for cutting yarn, too. I get them a lot from companies with their promo info on them. Or you can find two for $1 at WalMart in with the office supplies. I like using them when I carry a project in my purse. I don't stab myself as much on the envelope openers.