Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Tote 1st Draft


Well, I am done with my 1st draft of the tote. There are several things I am going to change when I do my second one to make it look better.

Making the ribbing a 1x2 will improve how it looks at the top along with making the that section longer. I also think making the body into two sections with rounded corners at the bottom will make it look so much better. The thread I used for the lining will have to be changed to a more matching color. I forget to change the thread on my machine. I just was not thinking there. I was thinking about adding a snap or a button at the top to close the tote but I have not decided on that yet. I did not like how my seams came out and think I will try a more seamless stitch. All trial and error when you make things up to create.


It will be some time before I make my second one due to Holiday projects screaming to get done. So, I need to move onto the next project and put this off to the side for a moment.

No comments: